Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's official

Our girl is 1

Her birth-day was June 11th, which held party #1 but we didn't get to celebrate with family till this past weekend so I didn't count it as official till then (tryin to keep her a baby as long as possible)
Photobucket

Both parties were fun filled and the girl got showered with more stuff than I'm sure she ever needed.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Her first taste of real sugar. she smeared the icing all over the place not really putting it in her mouth till the daddy showed her what the stuff was for and then it was all over.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I tried to clean up the leftovers and she made it abuntently clear that she didn't approve and had seconds.
Photobucket

At the family party she knew what was up and made a much bigger mess.
Photobucket

Notice the tiara? My dad bought it for her when she was only a day old, we (all three of us) wore it in the hospital and we've dubbed it the birthday tiara. Much to my surprise she wore it at both parties with minimal tampering.
Photobucket

I know it sounds cliche but I seriously can't believe that she's one. I'm sure there were times in the past 365 days that felt as if they drug on but for the most part I enjoyed every second, loved holding her and watching her grow. She's changed us, so much so that the thought of a family of two sounds foreign. This song was playing when she came into the world and I only whip it out for special occasions. I know that I'm not suppose to and people always say that you'll forget, that the excitement and the hormones and the drugs will get to ya but I can close my eyes and go back to that hospital room where magic happened, where we waited with anticipation, waited through pain and fatigue, waited for twenty eight long hours before they decided they were going in after her. It seemed like an eternity for her to get to me, I lost all sense of time in the operating room (and never got it back) but then I got to hear her little cries and kiss her face, smell her sweet new baby smell, which 10x1 any mom would say trumps a new car smell! Her daddy got to spend the first few hours with her and as much as I hate to say it I'm glad he did because he needed that time, and she's had him wrapped around her little finger ever since. It did however seem like torture to know that she was here she was just on the other side of a wall and I couldn't hold her. After what seemed like an eternity I got ahold of my girl and it's been pure love ever since!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment