Monday, December 17, 2012

faux gingerbread

Last week I decided to be creative super mom and searched the internet for gingerbread recipes. The good kind that doesn't crack while it's cooling or crumble from the weight of a whole tub if icing slathered on the roof of a little house adorned with mini confections. I thought I had found the perfect recipe, one with tried and true reviews and advice from moms and grandmothers alike commenting on adding a tablespoon of cinnamon for aroma and to cool in the fridge as opposed to a stainless steel bowl.

Then I had reality slap me upside the head when both girls woke up from a nap needing extra mama attention and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized I hadn't showered in three days and my hair looked likes something out of a Dr. Seuss book. The realization that I probably didn't have time  to roll dough and print templates for walls and prop and wait all while convincing Addiston that it wasn't cool to eat giant cookies held together by a pound of frosting. So it was pinterest to the rescue and faux gingerbread christmas trees it was!

Photobucket

A sugar cone turned upside down on a sugar cookie covered in icing with mini M&M's for ornaments.

Photobucket

Excuse the putrid shade of green that became the tree. I didn't have the proper color of food coloring and mixed random other colors and sprinkles until I achieved an acceptable color.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decided it was the holiday season and let her eat some of the candy-she almost NEVER gets chocolate, needless to say she was happy. And the little one got to work  out the jumper for the first time while we expressed our creativity through frosting.

Photobucket

And if we weren't prepared enough for the Christmas season Isabella got to be Jesus twice yesterday at church. We're hoping she doesn't develop a complex!

collage

No comments:

Post a Comment