Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Day of Rest

I know I know, I need to update about Christmas. We'll get to that but I just wanted to put it out there permanently that we had a relaxing Sunday! 

Church only had one service at 10 am today and we had no other plans so we just caught up on stuff and hung out! 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Sundays and they are always my favorite day of the week but usually they are a whirlwind of crazy, business. 

About 18 months ago Jared and I volunteered to make coffee on sunday mornings before Sunday School hour. The honest truth is that as a couple we tend to always show up ten minutes late for basically everything and we both felt guilty walking into church late EVERY Sunday so we opted to show up an hour before everyone else so that we wouldn't me late! Well about a month after we started Addiston got mobile and then we recently tacked on baby #2 so it's been slightly more entertaining! We have grown to love it and especially love the early sunday school class "mature" folks who always check in with us and steal the good creamer! 

So we usually get up for church at 6:30-ok our alarm goes off then, we don't actually get up till 7 and then run around the house coordinating clothes and doing hair till we pile in the car with breakfast for four packed and my make-up in toe (it gets done in the car-Jared shaves while he drives, don't judge) We make coffee at have Church, lunch with friends, which we host often and then maybe an hour of clean up time before we go back to church at 6, which puts us home in time for baths!

Today we read books before church, went out for lunch, hung out around the house,  put on pj's in the middle of the afternoon, and ate leftovers for dinner so I truly did nothing! It was beautiful! 

Photobucket

And a baby eating toes shot for good measure!

I hope you enjoyed your day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment