Monday, September 28, 2015

8 weeks

Two weeks after the initial ultrasound I went back for a second scan.

In the meantime we had sold our house, found out about the crack in the foundation of our sold house, and had a seller back out. 

We were praying for good news and a strong heartbeat. 

The baby is apparently high and the tech had to work to find it but she found a strong heart beat at 167 bpm. 



Needless to say I cried. 

I got to see the doctor again this time and give LOTS of blood. 

The relief I was feeling from hearing my baby's heartbeat was quickly squelched when the doctor informed me that on the ultrasound she also found a subchorionic hematoma.

It had been present on the first scan but they wrote it off as implantation bleeding, but when it was still there on the second scan theres a slight cause for concern. 

A subchorionic hematoma is a small hemorrhage of the uterun wall that increases the risk of miscarriage by forcing the placenta to detach from the embryo. 

Because I have had multiple miscarriages in the past my doctor encouraged me to take it easy and go on bed rest as much as possible. 

Because bed rest is Oh so easy when you're a stay at home mom of two and your husband is leaving on a business trip to California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment