Monday, January 3, 2011

And we're back

Blogging took an unexpected break in my life as the whirlwind that is the holidays swept in. Through traveling, a white Christmas, house guests, a seventy degree new years eve and then more than 20 people coming over to bring in 2011 with us there is just far too much to cover. So brace yourself for the randomness that is to come.
Photobucket
Addiston was of course spoiled rotten, which unfortunately has led to her high maintenance, demanding spree, which began yesterday. I'm not used to having a child that is not easy going and needs to be coddled every other minute but whoa thanks for the glimpse of what my life could be like. Hopefully she tones it down soon and we can go back to chill baby with the contentment to play with spatulas and empty sprite bottles.
Photobucket
Throughout everything I couldn't help but realize how blessed we are. We have a great support system in place. A family that loves. Friends that make me smile. And a whole lotta people that love to love my little girl.
Photobucket
Ah 2010 was beautiful, breath takingly beautiful, truly settling into, our first little one and so many trivial things that I can't even think of because of the high on life low of sleep thing going on right now.
Photobucket
Jared and I sat down together and made some new years resolutions together, for ourselves and for our marriage. I think they're totally attainable and can't wait to see what 2011 has in store. I couldn't help but get choked up the other day when I realized it's not the year that Addy was born in. I don't know why but something about the changing of a digit at the end of the date brought a lump in my throat and Jared just laughed and told me that I seriously wouldn't want her to stay small forever. And as much as I hate to admit it, he's right. I can't wait to see her take those first steps on her own, and learn to tie her shoe, jump in the waves of the ocean, go on her first date (which will not be at age 30, no-matter what her dad says) not to mention, I totally don't want to be changing diapers forever.
Photobucket
Well for now it's off to sweep up the crumbs on the kitchen floor, take down the tinsel and make some new memories.
Photobucket
It's so sweet how she loves her grandpa miller.
Photobucket
Bring it on 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment