Monday, February 7, 2011

Behold...

In true fashion our weekends go from 0 to 60 in no time flat. This weekend was no exception and with it came a whole slew of variety to every aspect of our crazy lives. Friday night I was honored to have the opportunity to address over a hundred women from many generations. I was intimidated by their wisdom and faith but a strength that was not my own pushed me through and behold... HEALING!
Photobucket
Photobucket
12 dear friends came to help uplift me and pull me through. (I forgot to get a picture with all of them.) It hurts to relive some parts of the past, the pain and fear that I was forced to face and too young of an age. To be vulnerable and try to make it clear that I truly feel blessed beyond my own deserving to have this little miracle we call Addiston in my life! So take that three miscarriages and cervical cancer! I was nervous which to be honest was very unlike me but it was what my soul needed and afterwards we celebrated with desserts! That's healing baby!

Saturday arrived bright and early and led me to these girls, they are so precious and I love that I get to teach them something that I used to love to do, and that they get to teach me that there is nothing like the faith of a child!
Photobucket
Behold: cuteness.
Photobucket
Behold: tired little girls, but still, cute!
Photobucket

Last night we gathered. I'll admit I don't know everything about football, I know who the center is, what a quarterback does and a few other necessities. Other than that I appreciate the cheerleaders, halftime show and the commercials. The boys were mesmerized by the game, hooping and hollering whenever the packers scored a touchdown. The women payed minimal respect to the happenings of the sport but we enjoyed the chaos and of course the company.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My friend kari made a fabulous cake and her creative juices are something to be reckoned with! This was not a shaped pan people, she carved it! (and it tasted as good as it looked)
Photobucket
I certainly don't have to love football to be appreciate the coming together of people all rooting for the same cause. Addiston learned the name of the game quick, we stare for a while, then we jump up and down making a lot of noise and clap our hands! We're the first of our southern friends to have kids so of course she got all the attention, she'd make her rounds, crawling from little conversation circle to her daddy then from me to the one learning to crochet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The little ones first tooth broke through the gums last night. It's little and razor sharp but it's there!

Behold, $8 art! HGTV inspired. Woven placemats, a few S hooks and a piece of bamboo.
Photobucket

The snow's coming down heavy outside, and unfortunately I still need to go the grocery store. Down here when ever there is even the prediction of flurries the stores are chaotic, swarming with southerners who whole up in their houses for days because they were born here, and they don't know how to drive much less survive in the snow without a months worth of groceries to give them comfort. (point for any city north of the Ohio river!) There may be different ways and measures of acquiring the need to feel united, to celebrate something good, but when it all boils down, the fact remains that I am fueled by the victories of the past, the potential of the present and the promise of the future. While there is war and hatred and discrimination in our world at this very moment, there is also a growing number of people who are working to create a culture where everyone is valued and celebrated, people are healing people. So, if you've ever basked in the joy of celebration--in blowing out candles or leaping off the couch to cheer a touchdown, in clinking glasses to toast a new year, a new job, a new baby, to catch up-- you know what it feels like. And behold it's good, eh?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you updated! So sorry I couldn't make it Friday but alas, I stayed home from school sick and the in-laws were coming in. Can't wait to see that little tooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a powerful blog! Your little one is precious and you are so blessed to have her in your life. I am so sorry about your past, but God has truly healed you. Not only are you a survivor, but you're proof of overcoming obstacles in your life. Little Addy has so much to look forward to! Oh and that cake looks scrumptious:)

    ReplyDelete