Saturday, July 23, 2011

The weekend

ok go. make plans. cancel plans, remake plans. change plans, blow off plans and decided to be spontaneous. That was our friday night.

We made plans to go out with some friends from college but because somewhere along the road we became grown ups things fell through. We already had a babysitter-(a friend who was crazy enough to volunteer to watch our separation anxiety laden kid.) So we took advantage of the misfortune of plans going haywire and had a date night!

We walked around the art museum downtown (I get to go frequently because we're members but jared is usually workin' for the man!) Then walked a block or so to a super classy sushi joint, there was a breathtaking sunset between the skyscrappers but I left my camera at home. We didn't have reservations so we were hopin' for a seat and sure enough there were 2 stools open at the sushi bar, we got to watch a super focused, super fast japanese man roll all kinds of crazy stuff for a few hours. It was yummy and entertaining. We split a cab with a group of girls in town for a bachelorette party to go down to broadway for dessert, and of all the places on earth they were from Ohio, so in their tipsy excitement they decided we were friends! We ended up at the Melting pot and as always I came to the conclusion that if you dip something in melted chocolate it is good. I mean really I'm pretty sure you can dip burnt fish that has been dropped in the dirt in chocolate and it'd be alright.

A HUGE shout-out to Heather, girl we needed friday night! Can I get an "amen" for how good it feels to watch your friends love your babies? This kid is my heart and soul and when you love her, you consequently just found yourself a deeper place in my own heart. Likewise, to let my friends know I love them...sometimes loving their kids is the best place to start.

It's comical to witness the conversation change from dating to married with a kid on a date. We rarely discuss movies, sports, and the goings on of friends lives anymore but somewhere along the way have made the shift to schedules, and responsibilities, the sporatitic world news-current event will pop in but will inevitably be forgotten when one of us brings up the laundry list of things that need done around the house or budgeting. Then food comes and there is the undescribable joy of knowing that I didn't have to shop for the ingredients to make the masterpiece in front of me, I didn't have to juggle a curious 13 month old while making it and I certainly will not have to do the dishes afterward, (or rock-paper-scissors my husband for dishes duty) ah, date-night how I have missed you! Won't you please come visit again soon?




sorry no pictures-like I said I forgot my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment