Monday, April 4, 2011

Wake up call

Welcome back to reality!

I hope that all weekends can be like this one, a perfect blend of work and friends, leisure and sweat. The house was cleaned and then trashed and is now clean again, (except for a half dozen sweat shirts that smell like camp fire.) There was the perfect ying of motivation to get stuff done to the yang of hey I'm just gonna sit here for a while, because the perfect temperature with minimal humidity and a cloudless sky only aligns a hand full of times a year so when you get the chance to lay on a blanket in the yard or swing for an hour in the afternoon with your girl, you jump all over it. And I was itching to bust out some spring digs, so yesterday for church we embraced the warmth and even the daddy wore pink!
Photobucket
I wore my new killer 5 inch heals (Jessica Simpson may not be the most talented singer in the World but the girl can design some shoes!) I think in the last year I've forgotten how much I love heals and have decided they will return to my standard wardrobe!
Photobucket

And, the latest!

Addiston has this toy that has a hammer with it. She is less than amused with the apparatus that you hammer things into but totally digs the hammer, carries it around, banging on windows, cats, other toys, her head and sometimes her parents.
Photobucket
Jared makes witty puns about how she is some super-hero that has a hammer to help him fight evil-I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to know who this is but because my parents are who they are the only thing I think of when I see her banging things around the house is the Peter Paul and Mary song "If I had a Hammer" So thanks guys, I'm the only person under 50 who knows every word of that song, and for that matter every word of every song on their greatest hits album!

Last week was opening day for The Reds and even though we are 4 and a half hours away, we sported our reds gear and watched highlights on Sports Center.
Photobucket
They're undefeated...for now!
Photobucket

Sunday I got a call at 6:45. It was my dad on his cell phone and I knew before I answered that something was wrong. First of all he would never call me that early (I'm not even close to a morning person) and second of all if her were to call at that time he should be at home, not on his cell. My grandma was in the hospital having chest pains, she took an aspirin and was already doing ok, rapidly becoming impatient with slow paced hospital life but for now a stress test is coming up so please keep her in your prayers!

Addiston is so close to walking it's almost funny. She has perfected contorting her body in order to get wherever she wants in the mean time and the other day I had my back turned for less than 5 seconds and when I looked back she was here
Photobucket
(sorry for the terrible picture) but she had twisted to get through where the two couches meet, climbed over 2 different obstacles and was trapped under the coffee table-rotten!?!

This morning she grabbed my coffee cup right out of my hands and tipped it to her mouth, she knew what was up, that every morning mom has this thing that she keeps out of reach and seems to be in love with. Good thing it was empty or I'm pretty sure we would have had a very unhappy baby on our hands!
Photobucket

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Lindsey...enjoy seeing pictures of your sweet family. Your little girl is certainly adorable!!

    I'll be praying for your grandma and dad as he cares for her.

    God has certainly blessed you with a sweet hubby and little girl!

    Julie Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for grandma and all your family as this can be stressful for everyone. Let me know if you all need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think we have all of the same toys for our children. I noticed you have Violet, the talking/annoying learning dog (which my daughter has) & you have the cute little blue glow warm that my son has. lol! Its crazy how great minds think alike:) I will keep your grandmother in our prayers and I am so happy little Addy didn't burn her face off with the coffee cup. lol! Your family is lovely! God bless:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The super hero is Thor by the way ..the one with the hammer.
    But I'm also praying for Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Counting the days!3.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore those shoes! I wish I could wear shoes like that. I'm so self-conscious about my height as it is, and then adding super high heels on top of it makes me feel like a total giant.

    How's your grandma doing now?

    ReplyDelete